Games

LATEST UPDATES

Monday, January 14, 2013

Neymar denies Barcelona deal to keep Premier League dream alive


Neymar has kept Premier League clubs in the race for his signature after denying that he’s signed an agreement with Barcelona.
The Santos starlet has been linked with moves to Chelsea and Manchester United in the past, whilst mega-rich Manchester City have also reportedly tracked the player at one stage.
Real Madrid have also had their eye on the player, but appeared set to lose out to their great Spanish rivals amidst reports of a deal with the Blaugrana.
However, the 20-year-old insists he has not penned a contract to join Tito Vilanova’s La Liga leaders, and is more than happy with life at Santos moving towards the home World Cup in 2014.
"I do not have an agreement with Barcelona - or anyone else. The only thing that I have signed is with Santos and I am happy. This is a great club that I have a contract with until 2014,” Neymar told Uruguayan paper El Pais.
"What is most important is to be happy and I am happy with my family, my friends and my club. My role now is to help Santos and the Brazil team, and to be the best will come through hard work."
Regarded as one of the best players in the world, Neymar was happy to heap praise on Lionel Messi after the Argentine international won a fourth FIFA Ballon d’Or award, admitting nobody compares to the Barca superstar.
"Nobody can equal Lionel Messi at the moment. He deserves the prize for everything that he did last year," he added.
 
Not sure what all the fuss is about Neymar? Watch the video below and have your say on the samba starlet at the bottom of this story…
Share This :

Post a Comment

 

Top